Sunday, April 29, 2012

Preliminary sketch

I got the Celtic Knot wallhanging quilted and the binding stitched on.  Now I just need to turn the binding to the back and hand sew it.  I told myself that I wouldn't start on Justine's Steampunk Quilt until that one was done but I did start on the preliminary sketch for the central applique panel.
I know it's really hard to see since it is just a pencil drawing.  But it's the airship with billowing sails.  I'm pretty excited about this one. I've even figured out how to give it a bit of a 3-D effect with billowing sails. I can't wait to see it take shape.  But probably not today.  Justine still needs to finish her prom dress for next weekend so she has co-opted my sewing machine.  I suppose I could start cutting out applique bits.  I always have my trusty 30+ year old singer I can use.
I'm also excited to get started on this one since I've got tons of Steampunk ideas in my head for quilts and not many people seem to be offering those out there in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment