Sunday, April 29, 2012

Awesomeness!!

Since it was a cold, rainy day here, I couldn't work outside and it was too cold and damp to be able to open the windows to paint.  So, what's a girl to do?  Quilt of course!  Having nearly finished my last project, I dove into the center panel for Justine's Steampunk quilt that I had done the sketch of earlier.  It went together faster than I had hoped and I'm really liking the way it has turned out.
 The basic applique for the Steampunk Airship Quilt #1.   The block is 20 x 25 inches so it's pretty big.
I'm pleased with the detail stitching I've been able to get on the ship.  Those decorative stitches have come in handy.
All of the rope work on the balloon and the sail will come when I quilt it.  I've still got a couple of flags to add on the back of the ship and the top of the balloon.

I'm thinking this may be a prototype for something I may want to sell someday.  What do you think?  I haven't seen anything like it in a search.

2 comments:

  1. This is really awesome! I could imagine something like this on my bed, although I don't think my sweing skills are good enough for it to look this amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura- Thanks for stopping by! I'm pretty excited about this one. It is turning out more like I had imagined than what I had expected- which isn't always the case!
      There is a little extra batting in both the balloon and in the sail to give it that slightly 3-D effect,
      Judy

      Delete