Monday, August 27, 2012

Steampunk airship quilt- part 3?

Yeah, I know... it has been a while since I posted here.  Life and garden have gotten in the way of sewing and quilting.  But, yesterday was a rainy day and today it was pea-soup fog all morning, so I stayed inside and worked on Justine's quilt.
(thanks to I15 for holding it up for photos)
I got the top finished last weekend when V's Mom was here.  And this weekend I got it sandwiched together with it's batting and backing.  It's kind of hard to see, but in the outer border the pattern has lots of little clock faces in it. Justine picked it out.  It wasn't quite the color I wanted but it is what she chose.
Today I started quilting.
I'm really loving the quilting lines on the balloon.  I put extra batting in the balloon and the sail to give it a 3-D effect. Hopefully I'll have time to work on it again soon.  I was really hoping to be able to use my new, old treadle machine but I'm having trouble finding needles for it.  More about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment