Monday, April 16, 2012

Celtic/Asian Fusion quilt

Long time- no post!  Things have been hopping in life, just not in the crafty areas. Oh, I did finish a baby quilt for a co-worker but I haven't been doing much Dreaming.   Until this afternoon. I was going to work on a shirt for myself but noticed this project that has been languishing in the sewing room due to the distraction of warm weather outside stuff.

So, I completed the top for my Celtic knotwork/Asian Fusion quilt.  I'm calling it Asian Fusion because most of the fabrics have an Asian feel to them.  The batik has chrysanthemums on it and the pinkish line in the knot is a tiny bamboo print.  I'll probably be using that as the backing as well and will do the binding in the dark purple.  Hopefully I can finish it soon.  I'm thinking that this may be a wallhanging for our bedroom... or I may see if I can sell it.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Judy. I've always admired Celtic knotwork but haven't gotten around to trying it. I guess I just like regular, ol' piecing too much! So I'll enjoy looking at yours. You'll have to be sure to post a picture when/if you get it up as a wall hanging in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely post a photo or two of the finished project. Now I'm thinking of something in red/black for the family room....

      Delete
  2. I know you haven't posted here in awhile, but I wanted to comment anyway. I love this particular piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... quilting is more of a winter thing. I've been too busy to get much sewing time in. I do really want to finish that quilt for Justine though. But soon enough it will be cold and dark again and I won't feel guilty for sitting inside.

      Delete